Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Tyranid Hive Tyrant

Been awhile since I've updated the blog. Since that last Bloodcrusher was painted, I painted a few more troop units and Zoanthropes for my growing Tyranid army. I am getting very close to that 1500 point mark I set for myself a couple months ago. I wanted to post some pictures of my finished Hive Tyrant, which turned out great. I also will post some pictures of my "in progress" Trygon. Take a look.





I am fairly pleased with this miniature. The modeling of the miniature went fairly well. Aside from some gaps on the back of the model, the pieces fit fairly well. I followed the same painting style and scheme as I did with the smaller bugs. (Read earlier posts for a step by step description on how to paint Tyranids in this color scheme.) I tried something slightly different with the green areas, however. I painted over these during the same time I painted the skin, so these areas were colored identical to the skin. I then applied green wash onto the areas I intended to be green, being careful not to let any wash fall or drip outside the area. The result was a great color that I am very pleased with.



I have assembled and began painting the first of two Trygons that will be in my Tyranid army. This is the Tyranid Trygron Prime model. It is a great kit and the miniature looks awesome. In this picture I have primed the miniature (if you can call it that) and painted on the base color. I can not wait until this is unit finished. It will be a great center piece for the army.

No comments:

Post a Comment