Thursday, April 8, 2010

Bloodcrusher Almost Finished

Here are some of the final steps of my third and final Bloodcrusher. When finished, I will post some pictures of the final model. Take a look at the pictures below.



In the above picture you can see that all the bronze areas have been painted in. I follow a basic method for painting bronze. I start by painting the area with a 50/50 mixture of Scorched Brown and Dwarf Bronze. I then paint over that with straight Dwarf Bronze. Then, to bring a shine to the bronze, I make a 70/30 mixture of Dwarf Bronze and Mithril Silver and just lightly brush this over the bronze areas. The result is usually fairly nice.



In this picture there is a good view of the standard. I freehand painted this standard and I think it turned out fairly well. I am not the best freehand painter, but I am satisfied with this turn out. My only suggestion for freehand painting is outline what you want to paint with a very light color or a color that can be easily painted over. Once the basic outline is satisfactory, basically color in the lines, and add details.




You can see here that the teeth and the eyes on the Juggernaut. Basically, I painted the eyes with a deep orange color and highlighted that with Sunburst Yellow. The teeth were painted with Deneb Stone foundation paint, highlighted with Skull White and then washed with Devlan Mud.

It is hard to see, but the standard pole was painted with a mixture of browns. I started with Scorched Brown, applied Bestial Brown, and then highlighted with Snakebite Leather.

My next post will show the finished miniature. I will try to get a nice picture of the rider and explain how I painted it. The rider was painted similar to the Juggernaut, except I highlighted the rider's skin with blazing orange/blood red mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment