Tuesday, April 6, 2010

So I am posting some pictures of my latest Bloodcrusher. About six months ago I painted two Bloodcrushers and took a massive break before building and painting the last one. I added some bits to this model to make him stand out from the others. I cut off the miniature's left arm, shaved down the area with a file and then attached a spare arm holding a flag post. I also made sure to fill the gaps with some Greenstuff. This miniature will either serve as a Herald with a BSB or just another Bloodcrusher. Take a look at the pictures below.



I started the model by painting all the red areas with Mechrite Red foundation paint. I also painted the Bloodletter on top with the same color. Before washing the red areas with Devlan Mud, I painted over the Mechrite Red with Blood Red. I just used a quick, watered down coat. After the wash dried, I painted the areas with Blood Red again making sure to leave the edges the darker red color. The red areas are not finished. I need to clean up the red areas slightly.



The metallic areas are easy. I simply painted all the metallic areas with Chainmail, and when that dried I simply applied Badab Black Wash. This area is also not finished yet. I plan on painting over this area with Mithril Silver and then apply a watered down Devlan Mud over that.

I am also finishing up the last four Hormagants for my 1500 point Tyranid army. I have been painting these particular bugs for about 3 weeks now. I'll post a picture of all 16 when I am finished painting them.

No comments:

Post a Comment