Thursday, May 27, 2010

Trygon and Mawloc

Hey, been awhile since my last post. I wanted to show some pictures of my latest additions to my Tyranid army. Below are pictures of one Trygon and one Mawloc.







The skin and carapace were painting exactly as I have detailed in prior posts. Take a look at some of my older posts to understand how I did that. The mouth for each miniature was painted by starting with Hormaguant Purple. I then applied a mix of Hormaguant Purple and Dheneb Stone (much more Dheneb Stone than Hormaguant) and highlighted the raised areas of the mouth, gum, and tongue. After that dried I simply washed the area with purple wash.

I also tried something new with the green membrane on the Mawloc's and Trygon's chest. As I painted the skin I made sure to paint over these membranes. Much later in the painting process, after I had painted the carapace red, I took green ink and painted over the membrane area which had previously been painted exactly as the skin had been. The result was great and turned.

The 1500 point Tyranid army is finished and my first game will be this weekend with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment