Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Tyranid Termagants

Got a chance to start working on my Termagants for my new Tyranid Army. Decided to run 10 Termagants with Devourers. It may be expensive but they really look cool with the devourer gun, so I just had to put some in the army... Check out some of the pictures below of the early stages of painting.


Putting these miniatures together was very simple. I was not a big fan of the two sides to the head. For some of the models there was a noticeable crease down the middle of the miniature's head. I had to smooth the area out with some green stuff and lots of sanding. They turned out. Below are some pictures of just a few of my Termagants just after I sprayed them with black primer.




I've only painted the skin on my 10 Termagants so far. I've never done a color like this for an entire army, so it was a new experience for me. I started by painting Lyanden Darksun (which basically a light brown foundation paint) over the model's skin area, including the weapon. After that, I washed over that with Ogryn Flesh. After the wash dried, I applied a mix of Bubonic Brown (very light brown paint) and Bleached bone (which is an off white color) to the majority of the model's skin - making sure that I left the deeper areas dark. Finally I applied Bleached Bone to the raised parts of the skin. The result is satisfying. The models skin looks great, and once the carapace is finished I think the skin will stand out even further. Check out the pictures below.




I painted certain areas with green, as you can see in this picture. I painted these areas with a Dark Angels green (which is a very deep green). Once dry, I applied Scorpion Green over top the Dark Angels Green. finally, I applied a very small amount of Green Wash to each area to add depth.


Still alot of work to be done. The skin still needs to be cleaned up significantly and of course the carapace still needs to be finished. Plus, the mouth, eyes, claws, and hooves must also be completed. I'll be posting more pictures soon, which will include the final versions of these Termagants.

No comments:

Post a Comment