Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Tyranid Termagant - Finished

The first set of my Termagants are finished. They turned out really cool and I'm pretty happy I went with Hive fleet Kraken (Yellow Skin - Red Carapace.) Check out the finished models below.



The carapace was fairly easy to finish, however, it was time consuming. I started by painting Scab Red onto the carapace, claws, and weapon's carapace. Then, I washed that area with Devlon Mud. After that dried the carapace was a very very dark red. Then I used a technique called feathering where you simply apply streaks of color over an area. I began by feathering Red Gore onto the model's carapace. Then I feathered Blood Red and finally I feathered Dwarf Flesh. (I only applied a few streaks of watered down Dwarf Flesh - I didn't want that color to stand out too much.) Last thing I did was simply wash over all the red parts with Baal Red. This basically turned the Dwarf Flesh into a nice redish color.



In the image above you can see how the feathering looks. When done right the result can be really cool.



First ten are finished... now its time to do the next ten!

No comments:

Post a Comment