Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Keeper of Secrets

With 8th edition looming, I decided to paint all my Warhammer Fantasy Battle models left on my painting table. The Keeper of Secrets is not my favorite Greater Deamon, however, I bought this model several months ago and just never painted it. I decided to throw the model together and give it a really quick paint job. Look below for the results.



The skin of this model was painted identical to my Deamonettes. I started by painted the entire model Hormagaunt Purple (including the claws). After that dried I took a 1/1 mixture of Hormaguant Purple and Dheneb Stone and dry brushed the entire model. Finally, I dry brushed a pure Dheneb Stone over this. The skin tone was finished, however, I wanted the claws and breaks in the skin (the rigid areas) to stand out. I took purple wash and carefully placed it into those crevasses and covered the large claws. The result is a great highlighted purple look and helps those areas really stand out.



I decided to go with silver on this model as gold and purple do not compliment each other. I painted Chainmail onto all the emblems, chains and special designs on the miniature. I washed these areas with black wash and once dried I highlighted them with Mithril Silver.

Overall, the model took a very short time to finish (about 6 hours). The colors are very complimentary and this model will look great next to my other Slaanesh models. I do not plan to use the Keeper of Secrets much with "Rocket Hammer" on the way, but I still think it is a great looking model.

No comments:

Post a Comment